I went to Dallas on June 22 for my Showcase (for work)!! We had an amazing line-up this Spring - and it was an absolutley amazing time!! LOTS of laughs, and, I feel very inspired!! Side note: I did get my iPhone swiped.. and to this day, I'm still waiting to get my paws on the new iPhone 4!! It is taking a bit longer than anticipated (and my go-phone is really, really torturing me!) But, always the silver-lining -- I must say, it is completely ideal to have your phone stolen during a full-day of listening to 16 amazing speakers (majority being motivational & inspirational!!) Also... it does give me the rational to spend the money on the new iPhone!! It was a bit of a challenge to get a hold of anyone while out of town without Internet & a phone, but I did survive! Either way, please email me: (swhitten@fivestarspeakers.com) your phone number!! I did lose all my contacts. EEK!!After my showcase, Jen (my sister) picked me up and we had dinner with Erik & Jennifer Govea! It was great to see them! (They are the brother (and wife) of Beth's husband, Nate. Beth is our younger sister) ... I should probably throw in a neighbor's cousin just to even that out =)
Jen and I just chilled for a couple days at her condo! We relaxed and chatted & spent hours catching up! We actually stayed up until 5:30am the night after my Showcase!! I must say, it was the longest I've ever stayed up with only drinking water!! It was nice to relax & I did play hours of crafternoon (making my boyfriend a handmade birthday present!) Jen also introduced me to one of her favorite local Chinese Take-out places (they know her by name!!) so we pigged out & watched movies, too! All & all - (a quick) but fun trip!
I flew home Saturday, June 19, in time to pick up Corbin (now spending time with his "new" step-family! He has found a new special love for Glenna & her Dick and their three miniature Yorkies!!) Later in the day, Francis got into town as well & we met up with a close friend of mine, Stacie, & went out to celebrate 50 years of life for Sam Meers!! Sam was my first boss in KC & the CEO of Meers Advertising. It was GREAT fun! I did video tape the birthday wishes and included a couple pictures. I did not take any pictures with Jen while in Dallas... =( I need my new iPhone (the new version comes with a 5 megapixel camera & flash!!)
No comments:
Post a Comment