
Last week was another Showcase for work! It was SOO fun! We landed in Chicago right before this crazy torrential downpour that ended up canceling most flights! Lucky us! We did take a limo (actually cheaper than a shuttle) to our hotel (The Hilton Lisle/Naperville) ... which I hear is technically
not Chicago! Again, another truly successful showcase!! We had another amazing line-up and had a lot of laughs and inspiration!! I actually thought of a new campaign while listening to a speaker I want to explore more for work! See - professional speakers CAN change your life and motivate you!!!

After the Showcase, Sara picked me up (with Eden & James) and we headed to St. Charles!! [Sara is one of my besties & was also a college roomie (and we lived together in Atlanta after school). I had to take a pic off her FB of the kiddos (with Sara's grandma) b/c again, I was not active with my camera - but these these are my favorite long distance babies so I had to post a picture!! James is about a 1.5 years & Eden just turned 3!] We headed to the grocery store and bought apps (cheese & wine) and all the fixings to make tacos! We hung out & chatted & I ate my wedge of brie, Sara put her kiddos to bed & then we skyped with Ryan (her husband) who was in Alaska on a fish trip (Sara got 50lbs of salmon being shipped back to her!)
Friday morning, we got up & Brooke joined us! She drove in from Madison! You have met Brooke earlier in my blog (NOLA)! We headed into town and had a picnic lunch & went to a Splash Park! VERY fun!! Sara did arrrange a baby-sitter & we went to one of her fav's
Wok N'Fire for dinner & then to an Irish Pub!


The next morning, Sara made pancakes and we headed to Geneva for a festival! Sara got her face painted =) I got on the metro around 12:30pm and headed to the city to play with the boy! (He was in town for business as well -- so it worked out perfectly since I missed his birthday which was Wed, the 23rd). We had SO much fun, too! His wonderful friends were out of town & let us use their loft (this is the view from their balcony). The interior was decorated like the W Hotel - so it was very nice! We spent the afternoon walking around Lincoln Park & had some appetizers at a KU Bar! We got ready and went to a festival that evening! (twice in one day) This one was sans face-painting - but we did meet up with a friend, had a drink and listened to some music and then went to
Rise for dinner - another sushi place!
The next mornnig we got up and ran through the
Lincoln Park Zoo & then up Lake Shore Drive!! It was a great run, but we did get poured on!! We showered and then had breakfast at a great local coffee shop & then did some shopping on Michigan Avenue! I took a small afternoon & spent the afternoon reading/Internetting & we had dinner at
Japonais on the river front! Yes, another Sushi Restaurant!

I headed back on Monday! It was a great trip! Wonderful work events followed by lots of fun! While in Chicago, we did plan some additional trips!! I will be having another girls weekned at the Lake (with Glenna & some friends from work!), Brooke & I are going to Lake Tahoe to do some hiking & visit some wineries in August, and we decided to run the half-marathon September 12 in Chicago (as well as the one in KC on October 18!) I still need to visit Meaghan who moved to Florida, and one of my bestie's is having a baby this week in Pasadena, CA! So, I'll keep you posted! Thanks for reading my blog =) Take care!! And please let me know how YOU are doing!! xo (my email:
swhitten@fivestarspeakers.com)
Oh - I did get my iPhone 4 today! yay!! happy day!!
No comments:
Post a Comment