Sunday, November 20, 2011

Travel Blog Update


SNOOP DOGG - With Emily, Meredith & Lisa
I haven't posted FOREVER so I thought I'd do a quick update!
I think I'll just do a quick list with photos - like a year & review (since my last post was in July)

July 26 - Snoop Dogg Concert at the Crossroads in Kansas City! Not really traveled for it - but it was SUPER fun and we made the KC Star - so here is the picture of me & my friends!


Madison, Wisconsin
August 4th I headed to Chicago to meet up with my college buddies! I met up with Sara & spent the day with her kiddos in St. Charles, IL. It was wonderful! Friday, we headed up to Lake Geneva, Wisconsin. We had a great time at the lake! Brooke drove down to meet us - then the three of us headed to Brooke's place in Madison, Wisconsin. We had SUCH a great time - and spent the day kayaking at the lake! VERY fun trip & I can't wait to go back & repeat it!

North Face Endurance Challenge - 10K
August 28th - getting back into the running game! I ran a 10K for the North Face Endurance Challenge. This was my first trail run! It was great - early enough in the morning that the humidity and heat were at a low and it started at the Nelson Atkins Museum which is close to my condo - so I just walked down to the starting line and walked home once I finished the race! I have a pic of the race to share!! I'll definitely do this race again next year. There is actually a 50K people run, too! Some people really amaze me with their tremendous ability to train!!

cheering at the end of 13.1!
On September 11 - I headed back to Chicago to run the Chicago half-marthon again! This was my 2nd year in a row - and I did my personal best at 2:10:14! I was VERY excited to finish - as you can probably tell! I spent a few days in Chicago and got a full day of shopping in after the run on Michigan! It was a great trip!

On October 1st - we headed to Topeka to join my mother to all run a 5K together! My sister Beth & her son Andrew also ran! It was SOOO impressive. My mother had some knee surgery nearly a year ago - and did SUCH a great job and got an amazing time averaging 10 minute miles! Andrew, his first organized run, ran with Beth the entire time until the end where he sprinted the last 50 meters & smoked Beth! It was awesome! Afterwards, we spent the entire day and night crafternooning and laughing! It was a great weekend!

KC Half Marathon
Race Against Breast Cancer 5K

October 6th - I went to spend a week in NYC. It was wonderful. Worked during the days and ate great food at night. Went to the museums, Central Park, shopped at Soho, ate in the Meat Packing Industry, West Village & Chelsea. It was nice to escape and get away and I love spending time in NYC with the ability to just walk around and be completely entertained! A week after later (and three days after I got back to KC) - I ran the KC Half-Marathon! This is the 3rd time I've done this race - the first time I ran in a relay team with my father, sister & brother in law. This was my 2nd time running the half. AND - I got my personal best time again! This was my 6th half-marathon in total!

Halloween - one of my FAVORITE holidays! This year I was the Raisin Sunmaid! I have attached that photo!

November 5th - my friend Elizabeth and I drove to Grain Valley, MO and did our first Ruckus Run. Basically, the entire course (4 miles) has constant obstacle courses (mud slides, monkey bars, nose-bleed nets, Tarzan ropes to cross the creek) and there is NO way you can participate without getting completely dirty! it was SOO much fun! Here is the website to see the list of obstacles. If you ever want a reason to get filthy - you should sign up and do this event. Well worth it!! We are definitely in for next year! http://www.runruckus.com/kc-course.html

No comments:

Post a Comment