Hey everyone! Sorry I really haven’t posted this entire trip – so not like me! I’m going through withdrawal of not having Internet at my finger tips! But, honestly, we’ve been so busy - there really hasn’t been a ton of down time! Since my last post, Tuesday night Brooke met me out on Royal Street near the coffee shop I was working at and we walked all over the French Quarter. It was great! The weather again was beautiful! Earlier in the week before I got to NOLA, Brooke had taken a guided tour so she showed me places where she had been – got some history in, walked near the river & saw the steam boats & then we found an outdoor place that had a great jazz band and we split some Red Beans & Rice and had a glass of wine. We continued to stroll through the Quarter & stopped for a beer on Bourbon Street, again, with live music! We headed back to the hotel once the sun went down so I could shower up & drop off my computer bag – then we set out for the evening! We had dinner at the Brewery which I loved (baked brie appetizer & crab cake salad). The people working there had suggested some ideal local flare down on Frenchmen Street – so we headed there to see some live jazz. There were other tourists, but this was a lot more “local” and not at all Bourbon Street! The covers to enter were a bit pricey (MUCH more than I’m used to paying – around $30) but, the jazz and environment was amazing! We danced and danced and danced!! During our entire trip, everyone we have met and encountered has been overwhelmingly nice, upbeat & super friendly! It’s great to see so many people smile & have such uplifting energy! NOLA is not at all snobby or scary… the people here seem very Bohemian and laid back. People do LOVE their music!
Thursday Brooke & I worked out, had lunch at a nearby outdoor café and then shuttled over to the Jazz Fest! It was a hot day! It was at the fair grounds – and we popped from tent to tent & to stage to stage. It was getting to be a bit warm, but around 5pm, the breeze picked up and it was amazing! I really, really loved the experience of Jazz Fest! It seemed to be well organized & I’m so glad we went Thursday & not Saturday. It was super packed, but it could have been much worse. The concerts ended at 7pm, so we shuttled back and then went out to dinner & out for more live music! It was a ton of fun!
Friday was much more low-key. We went to Stanley’s for Breakfast and walked all over the area – did some shopping & stopped at Café du Monde for coffee and beignets! We worked out and checked emails & then headed out to find a place with live music for dinner. Afterwards, we walked around for about an hour (it was suppose to rain all day – so it was about 80 degrees & 99% humidity – so not the best weather (at least for our hair!!) but still very nice out! We got back to the hotel and picked up some ice cream & just hung out. It has been a great trip! It’s 1am now – I will post this in the morning, but I’m heading to bed! I’ll write again tomorrow! Good night!
I posted my pictures through SlideShare again - so view them from my blog or you can see them here: http://slidesha.re/cmdujj
No comments:
Post a Comment