Hey all! Brooke & I made it to New Orleans! We had SUCH a great time yesterday/last night!! I landed around 4pm - my flight from Houston was a bit delayed, but everyone on the flight was heading down to Jazz Fest - so I met a ton of people & got some great advice & tips! This week, I'm reading a book by Kathryn Stockett, The Help, it's WONDERUL! Once I landed, I shuttled it downtown & met up with Brooke at the Palace Cafe for happy hour - $5 dollar wines, so we had a glass of vino to start our week off right! It was absolutely beautiful outside - the weather has been just gorgeous!! We went to the hotel & got ready and went out to dinner at the Corner Oyster House. It was great. We are staying at the French Quarter which has been CRAZY! There is SOOO much going on - and I'm in love with the energy & talent!! This city reminds us of Buenos Aires - which would be very accurate since they both have a heavy French influence. I haven't been to New Orleans since college - so it's been about 12 years. I forgot how the architecture in this city is so amazing! I think it's the only city in the USA that feels "different". I feel like I should have my passport with me! Plus, people can drink on the street - which is weird to see people walking around with beer & when you leave restaurants, they ask you for a to-go cup or a "roadie". Hey, why not!? [Side note: it's also the only state that has the guilty until proven innocent methodology - better be on my BEST behavior!]
Every corner has musicians & there are so many people dancing everywhere and really enjoying themselves! It's all ages, sizes, genders, races - so I feel like I'm in my element! We ended up going to a ton of places along Bourbon Street and all around! We danced the night away and even got our palms read - which was pretty spot on for both of us! I've never had my palms read, and it's nice to know that it's stated in my own body that I'm stubborn & independent - so I guess it's nice to be reconfirmed! =)
I've bounced around all day long in the city with my backpack - took a conference call at the park & am at my 3rd coffee shop - pretty shaky on all my Chai Teas I've had - but I need to find my wifi somehow!
I forgot to bring my camera with me - so I will post pictures soon! It's been a blast!! Hope you are all doing well =)
No comments:
Post a Comment