Thursday, April 22, 2010

Back at home [Kansas City]


Hello from Kansas City! I am back home! It's nice to be home - even if it's raining and dark out. I have a lot of work to do today - so I'm thankful there are no distractions caused by the sun!

The remaining part of my trip was really fun! Tuesday night, we ended up going to dinner at the Bengal Lounge inside the Fairmont for an Indian Buffet! It was really good! They had crazy ceiling fans - so I snapped a quick shot of them - they just waved back and forth! At dinner, we also looked out the window and saw this pigeon on top of the dome that looked like a wind direction indicator/turbine thing. Not sure the proper term for that =) But, I included a picture - which is worth a 1000 words!!


After dinner, we walked about a mile to a local brew pub on the water, the Canoe, for a beer. The place was packed - quite hoppin' for a Tuesday night! It looked like a typical American brewery, but the lighting was all chandeliers. I thought that was great!

Not much more to report, that was about it on the excitement. Yesterday was a pretty uneventful day of travel. It was really chilly & windy out so I didn't even go outside on the Ferry. I pretty much read & worked all day until I got home last night around midnight!

My next trip will be next Tuesday, April 27th. Brooke and I will be heading to New Orleans for Jazz Fest!!

No comments:

Post a Comment