Monday, April 19, 2010

We are here - in Victoria!

Hi everyone! Sorry I'm just now getting around to posting! Yesterday was a good/long day! I left around 6am to get to the airport - and flew from KC to Chicago. The flight to Vancouver was about an hour delayed - but the flight was pretty easy. We napped and ate and I started reading Chelsea Handler's new book - Chelsea Chelsea Boom Boom!(It's another good one!). We got to Vancouver & took a cab to the ferry (which we were 1 minute late to - so we had to wait an hour for the next one). We got coffees,junk food & just hung out. The ferry ride was really cool. It was huge and reminded me of a floating community center - it smelled like one and had a huge cafeteria, lots of different rooms with tvs - with different programs, vending machines, arcades, a few stores, etc. We got some really great pics of the coast - but the shots I took that I will post don't nearly do it justice! The ferry ride was about an hour & 1/2 long - and it was about another 30 minute cab ride to downtown Victoria. We finally checked into the hotel about 4pm (Pac time) - so about a 12-hour travel day.. which wasn't too bad. I got some work done and had some time to relax. The customs line was really easy - which I heard different from Meredith. I've only been to Toronto, so it was nice to have the expectation of a long line (and have it be pretty painless!). The hotel is nice! It's on the 9th floor and has free wireless - so you know I'm in heaven! [NOTE: there are no restrooms/bathrooms - everything is 'washroom'] Once we checked in, we got ready and ventured off for fresh seafood! We found a sushi place and ordered a TON of food. The salmon was red (blood red) - not pink at all - and very tender! They also had lobster tails for $5 each! We loaded up on a bunch of food. It's still hard for me to eat and I'm pretty sure my new set of temporary falsies are loose.. so I need to be really careful. bummer! =( [It probably didn't help that all we did was eat - I started off with the big-man-breakfast + hotcakes at McD's in O'Hare to get it going!] Side note: For those of you who don't know [about my teeth], the plan was to be completely done last Wednesday, but they were not ready, so my next [and hopefully last] appointment will be Monday, May 3.

After dinner, we walked back to the hotel and stepped into this giant-sized Irish Pub to grab a quick drink.There was a funny sign posted at the door enforcing dress code: "No rotten looking jeans". I love it! I want to know the definition of "rotten" and who's judgment call that is!

This morning I slept in (considering the time change) - and plan on running later today [I think!]. I moved my computer to my lap [still in bed] and have been working ever since! I would like to go explore the city a bit and visit the park and take some photos of all the botanical gardens! But either way, working in bed [while eating chocolate & candy] is NOT a bad vacation/getaway either!!!

Attached is the slide show from all my pics yesterday - sorry this post seems a bit irrelevant! =) When we landed in Canada, we both received a text stating the International rates. Sooo, I will not be using my phone (including texts) while I'm here. If you need to get in touch with me - please email me!

No comments:

Post a Comment