Hello everyone! Greetings from Victoria! Yesterday evening I spent a couple hours venturing around the area! I went over to Beacon Park and was so blown away by the beautiful landscaping.. and ALL the ducks! I can't believe how many ducks are living there (and not at all scared of people!) Ducks are not that rare to my world since I typically walk around Loose Park 4-5x per week and there is a duck pond there, but these little creatures seemed to really have a soft spot for people! [I guess we should just credit the bread loaf =) ]
After the park, I went down to the coast and rocky beach to see the the snow-capped mountains. It was sooo beautiful! I took pictures, but like always, I just can't ever seem to capture what I really "see". I also really loved [and this is a borderline weird observation] there were about 3:1 push-walkers/motorized-carts per regular walker/jogger! I loved that no matter your age or condition, that people were out capturing this view! It was so peaceful, and I'm sure this would be a top pick to spend your retirement days! My grandfather recently got a motor-cart [he lives in Topeka] and it makes me happy to see others with them - getting around and not letting age, pain or ailment stop you from getting around on your own! Seeing that was a nice comforting feeling for my own grandfather!
I walked back to downtown through this neighborhood that felt like a 1950s movie - small town, every house with a picket fence - many of which hung their laundry to dry on a clothes line. EVERY house had the most amazing landscaping! I couldn't believe it! The tulips here are nearly as big as my entire hand! The colors and arrangement of all the flowers made this place "happy"! I took tons of pictures [and again, over-shot the heck out of my camera so I included a slideshow - since I couldn't narrow down the photos I wanted to share!]
Once I got into downtown, the streets are lined with trees with pink buds. I don't know any type of flower or tree other then the basics (roses, tulips, daisies, lilies) - so I'm not sure what I saw, but it was awesome! I went to the bay again and took some photos of the locals selling their artwork. There is a lot of talent in this town!
That pretty much sums up my day - since it was Monday my night was pretty low key! I did some work at night and went to bed fairly early. Tonight is my last night here and I hope to find a nice, local seafood place near the water to enjoy a big dinner before I have to rely on McCormick and Schmick's for the freshest seafood in the Midwest! Tomorrow I will head home - so I hope to post before then. My next trip is in one week from today - I leave next Tuesday for New Orleans [Next Thursday will be the Jazz Festival!]
No comments:
Post a Comment