Okay, okay... so I've been back in KC since late Friday night -- but it has been a bit of the crazy/busy/nuts side of things - which is good! It's great to take a week off work and then jump back into it when it's busy & there's lots to do!
The rest of Miami was a blast! Brooke and I had a great time (like always when we travel)! A few pics (as promised in my last post are below). We relaxed, ate some great food, laid out an entire day (when the forecast called for rain all day - so it was even better since it wasn't expected!)... and now I'm pealing to prove it!
We had dinner at South Beach Thursday night after laying out from 9am - 5pm. We were at the pool until about 5 - got showered and ready and had a glass of wine at the pool bar and watched the sunset! Then we cabbed it to South Beach, had one $18 drink a piece and realized dinner was good enough for us - and then head back to get some fast-food ice cream for $1 and call it good!
Friday we got up early, got ready and checked out - and spent the day walking all over downtown Miami, had sushi for lunch and then shopped in Bayside near the bay (and both got some cute/long dresses that we'll keep for summer!) There was a reggae band playing near the water - where there were also 4 or 5 HUGE cruise ships - which was cool to see up close! We both left Friday night - so we departed at 3:30.
I had a connecting flight in Orlando (that I wasn't aware about until Friday - I thought my flight was direct) - so it was QUITE the surprise when my first flight was slightly delayed and when I landed I had 20 minutes to catch my flight to KC. I ran to the bathroom & got in line just in time when they were finalizing the remaining A's (I was on Southwest). So it was MUCH to my surprise - when I got on the plane in a big rush and heard my name! A friend of mine, Lisa - used to work at GCSAA - and her former-colleague, Sheri was sitting in the front row! She recognized me and was in Orlando for a conference. It was fun to see her! We chatted for about 30 seconds & then I looked up - and there in row 7 was my father! Ummm... ha! So random! It had been YEARS since I've seen someone on my flight (Jason Charay - spring break/college/2001 on my way to Mexico). Such a fun coincidence! Dad was at the window - and I sat in the aisle and so lucky - no one sat in the middle! Dad was SUPER kind & lent me (insisted I used) his noise-free earphones (a TOTAL must-have for travelers!!) so I never realized I was on a 3-hour/8pm flight coming home from Disney World - it was amazing!
Okay - sorry I am 4 days late! In KC - the weather was -1 to 8 degrees each day I was in Miami. When I got back - it has been at least 50 degrees each day! whew hew! So, I had some serious dog-walking to do and I had to finish my book - it was a real page-clicker! (joke for strictly Kindle users!) That book recommendation is below =) SO GOOD!
Today (Tuesday - 2/15) I had a root-canal in my front tooth to replace one that was done last year from my face-plant. I have a temporary glued-in (fingers crossed - last year while I was in Victoria, BC - my falsies fell out. EEK!!) I will get my replacement in 2 weeks from today (on March 1) - and then leave again early March 3 for NYC for 6 days!! (which will be my next trip - I PROMISED my dentist to stay in town for 2 weeks... as well as NOT attend any St. Patty's Day parties =) Fair enough!
Pics from Miami - just a couple! Hope you are all well!
![]() |
| View from our hotel room (note the clean window)! |
![]() | |
| Lunch @ the Hard Rock. Our view from our table... not bad |
![]() |
| Sunset sitting by the hotel pool |
![]() |
| Brooke & Myself - Tuesday night. On our way out in Miami! [Party in the city where the heat is on - Welcome to Miami!] |
A good book recommendation - also the book for my book club that meets this Thursday!




No comments:
Post a Comment